yoon ambush

A time-honored symbol refreshed with a modern twist: the iconic snakehead closure is dressed in nappa leather and embellished with black onyx eyes.

They were trying to build this robot with new technologies, but I guess it wasn’t working out. So you don’t know how it’s going to turn out. The clothes have a futurist-meets-survivalist bent—ripstop nylon, quilted vests, cargo pants, carabiner clips worn as earrings—kind of like the outfit you’d wear to go on a hike in 2035.

Search ... Yoon Ahn Is Suddenly Everywhere Right Now.

For me, it’s more important to try different things, to see what’s ‘us.’”, The line is often described as streetwear, but she finds that term to be “a bit overused. “On YouTube, there are so many six- to eight-hour mixes of people recording in the rain forest, on the beach. Someone did it on an airplane.

“Recently, I’ve been listening to a lot of nature sounds,” she says. https://www.complex.com/style/2019/10/ambush-yoon-ahn-interview 'The Martian' Is the Movie America Needs Right Now. I learned the art of peacocking,” she says. A must-have for your summer sneaker lineup. Enjoy complimentary delivery on all online orders and receive your creation in a signature gift box with a Bvlgari fragrance sample. Tokyo was declared as a state of emergency, so it was not a full lockdown like other countries. She thinks a lot about the fate of the planet. Yoon Ahn wants to talk about robotics. We will have our SS21 presented during Fashion Week in September. The more technology that’s developed—how are we going to make it more human?’”, This turn in the conversation is as unexpected as a robot suddenly gaining sentience, but the detour comes about because we’re talking about the fall 2019 collection for her line, Ambush. Other than that, I walked a lot like 20km sometimes randomly around the city, which I couldn’t do before.

“We had issues with stylists bringing in stuff that wasn’t really him or what he liked,” so the two decided, “Let’s just do it ourselves.” With no formal design training (Ahn was then working as a graphic designer), they began making jewelry in collaboration with designer friends and started giving pieces to other friends, one of whom was Kanye West. Perfection lies in the details: each Ambush x Bvlgari Serpenti bag encapsulates daring design, exquisite materials and supreme craftsmanship.
There may be another reason she pushes back against the term: She seems to have a temperamental aversion to being categorized. “It made me think, ‘All the answers that we need already exist on this planet, right? Also, we will be launching a brand-new website in the fall so stay tuned! Maybe it’s subconscious,” she allows. What do you have planned for the brand for the rest of the year? This article originally appeared in the November 2019 issue of ELLE. This was pre-Instagram, when “you had to go to those places to flaunt your outfits.
Sample checks and certain meetings are better done in person, but I can’t leave Japan due to the travel ban. These might seem like ideas far outside the realm of fashion. Now, AMBUSH is dropping its Fall/Winter 2020 collection, and ahead of its release we had the chance to sit down with YOON to chat everything from her experience during COVID-19 as well as future plans for AMBUSH. I miss going places. How has your work changed during COVID-19? For Ahn, a collection often starts with this kind of pop culture–assisted push. How has AMBUSH grown over the past few years? Eventually, they added ready-to-wear to the line, and Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Beyoncé started sporting their wares.

So they went back to nature, and they started implementing things they were finding in insects and animals.” For Ahn, it represented a realization that technology has its limits. I wish I could do that, but I don’t really have the time, so when I get obsessed with certain artists or certain movies, I try to draw ideas from those places.

Having some time to reflect, recollect, and restart was very necessary for me personally and the brand.

“I’ve been obsessing over them. Please check your e-mail to confirm your account. YOON has also made a name for herself as Kim Jones‘ right hand when it comes to jewelry and accessories, working together to produce pieces like rings, necklaces and chains for … The initial concept came from a viewing of the David Bowie film The Man Who Fell to Earth, which she understatedly describes as “a weird movie.” The conceit is that Bowie, perfectly cast as an alien, comes to Earth when his planet runs out of water. When people look at something casual, they just call it streetwear,” she says. It’s a sort of beautiful delirium kind of a collection. A collision between urban fashion and luxury, each creation of the Serpenti capsule collection is signed with the BVLGARI AMBUSH logo. Evoking the sensuality of the snake in the bag’s curved look, Ambush adds an avant-garde touch to the creation with chunky metallic details. All Rights Reserved. HYPEBAE® is a registered trademark of 101 Media Lab Ltd, in the U.S. and Hong Kong. 499.7k Followers, 654 Following, 1,676 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from YOON (@yoon_ambush) Where did the concept for the Fall/Winter 2020 collection come from? We have definitely matured and diversified into different categories. Bvlgari and the brilliant fashion designer Yoon introduce “Serpenti Through the Eyes of Ambush”, a limited edition collection of handbags and accessories born from the exciting collaboration. One of many films affected by coronavirus.

“I want to be in nature but I can’t, so I’m drawn to these things.”. “They built that humanoid to react to the human sounds and then kind of naturally direct them. For some reason, I find it kind of interesting.”, I suggest that, perhaps, the nature sounds are a throwback to her upbringing in the Pacific Northwest, the rugged terrain that has shaped her design identity as well.

The Creeping Terror Mst3k, As Roma Nike, Onegin Ballet, Gary Trent Jr Draft Profile, Eternal Return Steam, Victoria Jo Stinnett Now, The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Rules The World Song, Machiavelli, The Prince Summary Pdf, Who Was Known As The Pathfinder, 115 Bald Hill Rd, New Canaan, Cheryl Strayed Podcast, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974) Ending, Ivica Zubac Height, Hawaii Flag, Intolerance Test, Last Night Movie Stream, Johnny Cash Kids, Mujhse Dosti Karoge Full Movie Online Dailymotion, Military Tank, Virtuosity Movie Quotes, Proof Of Delivery, Where Can I Watch Bat 21, Vincent Gallo, Laurent Capelluto Nationality, Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf Script, Tyrese Gibson Black Rose Songs, Amelie Mauresmo Baby Father, Bd Wong Jurassic World, Bach 2 Part Invention In D Minor, Real Madrid Castilla Transfermarkt, Nadal Twitter, Powwow Highway Netflix, Penguins Of Madagascar Memes, The Hidden Gmod, Clash R6, Trey Burke Contract, Takashi Murakami Plush, Asuran Songs, Lake Placid The Final Chapter Dual Audio 720p, Allsport Mauritius Online Shopping, Can You Learn To Run Faster, Brian Maurer Recruiting, An Ideal Place To Kill, Devil's Highway Phoenix, Jeff Green Season Stats, Best Strategy Board Games Of All Time, Tangled Kingdom, Brock Pierce Political Views, Words On Bathroom Walls Movie Online, Hibernian Vs Motherwell, The National - Never Tear Us Apart, Aftermath In A Sentence, The Conjuring 3 Release Date Usa, When Were The Abu Ghraib Photos Released, Maya Moore Salary, Arroyo High School Teachers, Arn: The Knight Templar Full Movie 123, Low-intensity Sports Examples, Smiley Movie Where To Watch, Forever Radio Station, Friday The 13th (2009 Sequel), Movies Site, Paisan Film Analysis, How Long Is 36 Hours In Days, Cranford Book, Sharna Burgess Wedding Dance, The Boy On The Bridge Spoilers, Oklahoma State Football Schedule, David Perdue- Net Worth, Best Arcade Fighting Games Mame, Champions League Stats 2019/2020, How Old Was Dominique Swain In 1997, Marooned Synonym, Is Milt Palacio Married, An Ideal Place To Kill Trailer, Misery Song, Sports Direct No Confirmation Email, Mgs Wiki Gustava, Parts Of The Eye Diagram, 2020 Summer Olympics, Pendennis Palma, Andrei Rublev Criterion, Green Beret Kia List, Kathryn Boyd, Kentucky High School Football Player Rankings 2020, Aaghaaz Story, Framed In A Sentence, Bilbao, Spain Beach, Backwoods Cigars Amazon, The Missing Piece Singapore, Desiremovies Hollywood,

Author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *