it's love i'm after cast

Beautiful, interesting, incredible movies — a new film every single day. Basil is initially flattered by her attentions, which enrages Joyce -- until they both find Marcia more than they can handle. Unable to add item to List. Watch truly great cinema. From 'The Screwball Comedy Films: A History & Filmography, 1934-1942' by Duane Byrge & Robert Milton Miller. Basil and Joyce's personal life is passionate and tempestuous characterized by constant fighting and making up, which is often continued on-stage under their breaths. He was absolutely fantastic, he is hilarious and that is a side of him I have never seen. They are determined to make it to the altar this time. Wherever you are. Rack up 500 points and you'll score a $5 reward for more movies. He doesn't pass up any opportunity to act the fool. Each brings a unique twist to their on-screen personas but Leslie steals the show. Screwball is such a tricky genre. Opening the Vault: A Chronological History of Queer Interest & LGBTQ+ Cinema, Out Of The Closets And Into The Cinemas! Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. Extremely funny. - E1GGRE from Alamy's library of millions of high resolution stock photos, illustrations and vectors. I've never heard of Eric Blore prior to today but he plays Howard's butler *so* well. View production, box office, & company info. What to Watch if You Miss the "Game of Thrones" Cast. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 16, 2020. Not to mention fuckin Olivia and bette man my god. Warner Home Video . Directed by Archie Mayo. See full review. Behind the Frame: A Shepherd Sisters Mystery. But Basil feels he needs to wipe clean the slate first by doing a favor for a stranger, Henry Grant, whose fiancée has fallen in love with him. I happened to turn the tv on one day and this movie came on. Howard is at his zenith here: absolute dynamite as a notorious ham caught between feisty leading lady Bette and cloying fan De Havilland, as his egomania and amorous adventures finally catch up with him. Bette Davis has more of a supporting role, but even so you wont be dissapointed with her not being the central charachter as the whole thing works so well together you wouldnt notice her not being the lead. he was a great actor and very adept at comedy which i wasnt aware of. What a delight! The interaction between him and his valet Eric Blore is delicious, and Blore himself easily steals every scene he's in. Mobile site. Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2012. Just on a side-note, the Davis-de Havilland duo is so underrated! The arrival of an ex-lover on a young woman's wedding day sets in motion a chain of events which will alter her and her cousin's lives forever. In fact the humor here could work today with just a few updates. Very funny ,well written and with terrific acting! : Meeting Queer Folks In Dark Rooms, Troubled Lovers Under Pressure Break-ups, Antinatalism, Misogamy, Divorce, Domestic Abuse, Wedlock, Custody, Infidelity, Matrimony, Arranged Marriage, Shotgun Weddings, Monogamy, Here it is, chaps, loureviews' 1000 recommended films, TAKEN BY A PICTURE • TOO FEW FAVORITES TO PLAY. Leslie Howard is magnificent as a conceited stage actor who uses the plot of a play to disillusion a lovestruck fan. olivia de havilland! Alamy and its logo are trademarks of Alamy Ltd. and are registered in certain countries. 90/100, El amor es más intenso cuando se finge, o cuando menos, cuando se actúa como en "It's Love I'm after" en la que Archie Mayo, otro de los directores de cabecera de la Warner en los treinta y cuarenta, escenifica un "triángulo amoroso" entre Leslie Howard, Bette Davis y una muy joven Olivia de Havilland. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Simply delightful! I loved the way he and Bette Davis punched each other around, I can just imagine what fun they had playing this couple! Υπέροχη όσο και ξεχασμένη σκρούμπολ κωμωδία, με θαυμάσιο καστ, ατάκες, ρυθμό, σεξπηρική σάτιρα, θεατρικό ξεκατίνιασμα και σουρεάλ καταστάσεις. It's a rare find on TCM, but I happened to see it one day and was hooked. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Recommended. Onsite Associates Program . STUDIO: Warner Bros. Pictures. It's Love I'm After a 1937 American comedy film starring Leslie Howard, Bette Davis and Olivia de Havilland. Collect bonus rewards from our many partners, including AMC, Stubs, Cinemark Connections, Regal Crown Club when you link accounts. From new directors to award-winners. Olivia was amazing as a love struck fangirl, so radiant. A lawyer impulsively marries a stranger after his fiancée dumps him. Despite constant bickering on and off stage, Shakespearean actors Basil Underwood (Leslie Howard) and Joyce Arden (Bette Davis) intend to marry after their closing performance in "Romeo and Juliet." TMDb For a change, serious actors acting nutty!! Ali Manno makes tote bags that are tots cute. Title: With his latest script in hand, Basil vows to make Henry's fiancée fall out of love with him by playing the cad. I'll just mention my favorite scenes: ALL of them! it was an honour to live in the same time period as her at least for a while. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Looking for something to watch? At Henry's request Basil acts boorishly so as to kill the infatuation, but it doesn't work and Marcia breaks her engagement with … We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. If you love pre-code movies with a lot of humor, this one is definitely for you. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! 54 customer ratings. All the world's a stage and there are many fine players in it in this gleeful backstage costume comedy: Olivia de Havilland (as the countess), Brian Aherne (Garrick) and a clever ensemble. Find safety procedures announced by your theater, Tyler Posey realizes he's on his own in an exclusive clip from 'Alone,' now on FandangoNOW, What to Watch on FandangoNOW: Smiths-Inspired ‘The More You Ignore Me,’ Horror Movie Collections and More, This Week in Family Movie News: ‘Thomas & Friends’ Coming Down the Track, First ‘Addams Family 2’ Teaser and More, Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993). BRILLIANT!! Now, let's skip a few decades to see these two duke it out in Robert Aldrich's hagsploitation. It’s an LGBTQ+ world and these are my other LGBTQ+ lists on Letterboxd: ➡️Minor Interest Films: In the Closet: A…, NeverTooEarlyMP 4,407 films 1,672 66 Edit, A collection of queer characters, representations, and sensibilities on film. When it finally came out, I immediately bought it. Sign up here. Fast-paced, hilarious, endowed with an intelligent & witty script by Casey Robinson (based on the story Gentlemen After Midnight by Maurice Hanline), this screwball comedy also has the grand support of Bette Davis and Olivia de Havilland, both excellent and sparkling in their comic roles. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Coming Soon, Regal Beautiful, interesting, incredible movies — a new film every single day. April 17, 2020 when you purchase 3 participating Suave products 9/1-10/31 at Walmart or Walmart.com. seems like punching leslie howard in the library and throwing vases at him was a tradition in old hollywood, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk literalmente chorei de rir assistindo muito engraçado amo os filmes desses dois juntos! This comedy holds up really well! Letterboxd, y'all are seriously overrating this. Was this review helpful to you? He was so entertaining as an actor full of himself. A different Leslie Howard and a quite different Bette Davis in a larking farce about an actor's loves. Stream Now. The first day of spring has a profound affect on the Hilton family. Your Lightboxes will appear here when you have created some. This is how you do bad screwball, folks; spend too much time kept in a slavish chokehold by the script. Customer Review: It's Love I'm After. Most comedies of this period are no longer funny in this day and age. There's a plot, but it's just an excuse for outrageous, clownish, outsized behavior, the more cartoony the better. IMDb Being in love comes from a full, secure, inwardly-connected place within -- a loving, adult place. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. Renowned stage actors Basil Underwood and Joyce Arden are partners on and off the stage. Eric blore is a hero, this is one of the funniest movies I’ve seen, 10000x funnier than I was a male war bride that I just watched yesterday. Leslie Howard is a comic genius in this witty and fast paced movie. You cannot download or purchase for any new licenses. It's Love I'm After is just a delight, an incredibly well-written screwball comedy that keeps the expertly-crafted witticisms flying thick and fast. Eric blore is a comic acting genius as genius as any other. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". Certificate: Passed With Leslie Howard, Bette Davis, Olivia de Havilland, Patric Knowles. But what a performance it is! An actor of the stage finds himself pursued by a lovestruck fan while trying to patch up a tempestuous relationship with his actress lover. Rest in peace you beautiful soul, farewell. We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future. We know life happens, so if something comes up, you can return or exchange your tickets up until the posted showtime. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Copyright © Fandango. This is a great film! Forgot your password?

D Rose 773 2020 Review, Simple Simon Rhyme, Samantha Morton Walking Dead, The Last Starfighter 2 Release Date, Ersan Ilyasova Salary, Seven Seconds Ending Explained, Moll Flanders Quotes, Paul's Case Depression, Difference Between Netball And Basketball Hoop Size, Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder, The Bling Ring: Where Are They Now, Funny Games Explained, Group Name List, Lakeith Stanfield Instagram, Need For Speed Rivals, The 9th Life Of Louis Drax Wiki, Greenville Drive Tickets, The Abcs Of Death Sub Indo, Primary Election Day 2019, Used Martin 000x1ae, Childbirth Pain Scale, Gridlock'd Streaming, Mgs3 Rassvet Walkthrough, Erik Palladino Family, Aaron Holiday Wife, Steffi Graf Andre Agassi Daughter, Fairy Tale Review Switch,

Author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *