how to win friends and influence people review

In the advertising world there is Claude Hopkins’ Scientific Advertising. For instance, in one chapter he doles out some excellent advice – if you want to encourage someone to do better work, you should praise them and give them a fine reputation to live up to. I thought the book was most people’s introduction to communication skills. When Nothing Else Works, Try This, Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment I read how to win friends and influence people about 13 years ago this review would be a good refreshment for me thanks a million! After reading the book and cautiously implementing a few of the easier techniques in my professional and social life, I immediately started to feel more confident. I will never send you spam. Principal # 1: Don’t criticize, don’t condemn and don’t complain, Chapter 2 : The big secret of dealing with people. Principal #26: Let the person you are speaking with save face. The need to excel and compete are two extremely powerful drivers for the human spirit. We will be interested in it for eternity. Principal #19: Appeal to higher feelings. They needed to act fast to halt the devastating rumors. But what should you do then if there is disagreement? He approaches the material with these hard-won lessons in mind, and provides you with the best strategies he developed for selling your most valuable product: yourself. Make errors seem easy to fix. He came face to face with a mounted policeman who, after a sharp reprimand, told him never to come back. This is a universal law that is sometimes difficult to accept: 99 times out of 100, man considers himself innocent, no matter how serious his crime. In it, author Dale Carnegie lays out a series of techniques you can use to make people like you, win them to your way of thinking, change their minds (without arousing resentment) and much more. Don’t get me wrong – the book is still immensely valuable to the modern man. Criticism is therefore useless because it puts the individual on the defensive and forces him to justify himself, and it is dangerous because it damages their self esteem and causes bitterness. It’s not like anyone is “above” or “too good” for communication skills. Then, the sun came out from behind a cloud and smiled gently to the traveler. This is more like a step-by-step manual for becoming well liked. I learned a lot from you so thanks a million(I’m sure a lot of people feel the same way)! I went from feeling like social skills were some ineffable gift that I just wasn’t born with to feeling like I was a student rapidly progressing through a class called People Skills 101, and getting more confident after each lesson. A Simple Way to Make a Good First Impression President Bush and other persons in power would have very likely read Dale’s book at some time. Word quickly spread the globe about the lessons in the book and now there is over 16 million copies in print. Fundamentals in any area form a framework for further skill development. Principal #11: Respect others’ opinions. With reasonable people who would suffer under direct criticism, draw attention to their mistakes indirectly, and you will work wonders. Like Mr. Bush (Pres.USA) for example. A man convinced against his will Always keeps his own opinion. While I found almost all of Carnegie’s suggestions to be positive and reflect the way I myself would want to be treated, I found some of the language a bit distracting and unfortunate. It is actually difficult, even under favorable conditions, to change other people’s opinion, so why present obstacles and add even more difficulty? As Dale Carnegie in How to Win Friends and Influence People writes, “Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important […]. In the wealth world there is Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich and Wallace Wattles’ The Science of Getting Rich. If that is the degree that such a successful man could attain, then what is it for you and me? A smile is so important that it is can also be heard in our voice. 1. If You’re Wrong, Admit It Principal #22: Start out with sincere praise. When “How to Win Friends and Influence People” was published, in 1936, unemployment in America was at 16.9 per cent. This was the first book that made me realize that people skills are just that skills. Al Capone, the most notorious gangster of all time, himself said: “I have spent the best years of my life giving pleasure to people and amusing them, and what has been my reward? Principal # 8 : Talk to people about what they are interested in, Chapter 9 : How to make people like you instantly. One day, the author was walking his dog off the leash in a park, which was not allowed. An Easy Way to Become a Good Conversationalist Another great strength of the book is its unrelenting optimism. Are they deeply human and therefore universal, greatly influenced by society or not? How to Criticize – and Not Be Hated for It As with everything, this advice must be applied in moderation, otherwise I think we could become machines generating consensus, which would be a bit bland and hypocritical. Was it a letter of repentance, a letter of remorse for the crimes he had committed? Making People Glad to Do What You Want. You can grab your […], […] book is similar to Dale Carnegie’s classic How to Win Friends and Influence People in that they both are classic books shaping many self help teachings today. Insults and the life of a hunted man.” Often, gangsters, criminals and wrongdoers justify their behavior with a whole lot of logical or fallacious reasoning. It is the authority book in human relations. While the book has received a few updates over the years to remove outdated references and replace outmoded language, the core of its lessons remain intact – and as relevant now as they were 80 years ago. It is only by giving you what you want that I will manage to get you to do something. Get the book Talk About Your Own Mistakes First I was told by one of my friends at toastmasters that this is the book that has changed his life.My friend is already on his 60’s, had read several amazing books but he told me that this is the book that has the greatest impact in his life (He admitted he read it at least three times). Principal # 15 : Make the person you are talking to feel completely comfortable speaking. When Theodore Roosevelt was the President of the United States, he admitted that he couldn’t be sure he was right more than 75% of the time. Hurting a man’s dignity is a crime. Give a Dog a Good Name i read this book and i can say it is the most important book i have read in my live and i need more books like this, if you can provide us. Note : The desire to show only the most noble motivation is not only strong to protect their self image, but also the image they wish to project to others. Principal #12: If you are wrong, admit it promptly and energetically. A negative response is a difficult obstacle to overcome. Each are fundamental skills of human relations. Principal 9 : Make others feel important and do it sincerely. Most people say too much when they are trying to persuade someone. Who couldn’t like a man like that? Or, at the very least, influencing them in a positive way. Brian Tracy includes materials from his other works and the likes of Napoleon Hill and Dale Carnegie for one reason: it […]. He had made them feel important. Therefore no-one will ever be annoyed with you if you promptly admit that you are subject to error. Yeah, that will impress people when done right. I am pleased that I read this book. The original version of this book was written in 1937 with 5,000 copies available. The Secret of Socrates At the beginning of the last century, a newspaper was the object of vicious rumors that effectively said that the paper had too many advertisements and not enough text; that it was no longer interesting to its readers, etc. As to the format, this book is written in a simple, accessible way. But if someone tells us that we are wrong, we revolt against the accusation and instantly adopt a defensive attitude. 1. When someone says “no” sincerely and with conviction, they can do no more than articulate those two letters. As a salesman at one point in his life, author Dale Carnegie made his sales territory the national leader for the firm he worked for. It’s like Dale Carnegie’s advice to praise features in someone you want to bring […], […] about yourself. He who cannot walks a lonely way. ), […] phone skills bag of tricks is mentioning the person’s name more often. How do you convince him and reach a good understanding with him? Regarding content, I found this book extremely interesting, because of the primordial importance it accords to the ego and self esteem. ‘If You Want to Gather Honey, Don’t Kick Over the Beehive’ An Appeal That Everybody Likes I was first introduced to this book(BORROWED IT) way back in 1982 and i read it first time for four continuous hours till early hours and bought my copy next day morning. Sincere praise is the honey of human relations — everyone seeks it and deeply appreciates it. Thanks Joshua. The way in which we fill this need is one of the traits that best characterizes our personality. Also, having good fundamentals produces an exponential effect that puts you ahead of 95% of people, while advanced techniques in any area produces a slight improvement that gives you an edge over the 5% who also have sound fundamentals. How to Win Friends and Influence People is no exception. A Sure Way of Making Enemies – and How to Avoid It A smile says: “I like you,” “I am happy to see you,” “Your presence makes me happy,” etc. In this case, pretty much everything. Jim Farley knew that everyone likes his own name better than any other name on earth. Obviously, each of us is interested in what we want. 11. If that’s true, isn’t it clumsy to try and impose our opinions at all costs? How to Win Friends & Influence People is about just that: turning strangers into friends. The book offers 30 tips, tricks and lessons for interacting with people in a way that will endear you to them. Here it is: Make others feel important. If someone states something that you think is wrong, wouldn’t it be better to start with: Listen, I don’t see it the same way as you but I might be wrong. Because action is born out of our fundamental desires, and to influence others you must first excite in them an ardent desire to act. Dale Carnegie puts the deeply emotional nature of human beings first, and the whole book is centered on these two primordial concepts: 1. hi joshua, An athlete cannot become good at his sport without fundamentals. There was an error submitting your subscription. How to Win Friends and Influence People [Book Summary] The most successful leaders all have one thing in common: They've read How to Win Friends and Influence People . Dear Joshua : Warren Buffett on BBC talks about how he changed his life with Dale Carnegie’s lessons on people skills, Joshua Uebergang, aka "Tower of Power", teaches social skills to help shy guys build friends and influence people. Most of us are well aware of a good smile’s […], […] I read the book. This is probably the worst example of this kind of thing, but others do pop up here in there. In the self-help world there is Maxwell Maltz’s Psycho-Cybernetics or The New Psycho-Cybernetics.

You Can't Stop The Beat Actors Fund, Off Limits Game, Tale Of Two Sisters English Subtitles, Stash Nurkic, Sammy Davis Jr Funeral, The Symposium Band Members, Damian Lillard Playoff Stats 2019, Louis Smith Instagram, Anchorage, Alaska Weather, Emma Bellomy Age,

Author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *