get carter (1971 cast)

Please click the link below to receive your verification email. All of his mannerism and overall presence ranks among the best of the film. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. The regular DVD had both soundtrack options. Michael Caine out for revenge amidst a bleak backdrop of rain soaked, working class England is my kind jam. As he starts to put the pieces together he is realizing that this is making a lot of people nervous. As I said, this is a great role played perfectly by Michael Caine. A constant visual feast of violence and action this is not but its certainly not without it's charms either. Fairly violent for a Michael Caine movie. From there, Carter carves a bloody trail of revenge through the seedy underbelly of Newcastle in search of his brother's killer. Carter is not a good guy turned bad, or a bad guy with a heart of gold, he is a dangerous wrecking ball that has been unleashed by the desire for vengeance in a world were bad acts are considered "business". Show All… For instance, the two criminals sent to get Caine in the film were from London, not Newcastle. Personally, it's extremely undeserving of being among the greatest British films of all time. Overview of Get Carter, 1971, directed by Mike Hodges, with Michael Caine, Ian Hendry, Britt Ekland, at Turner Classic Movies He is unremorseful, violent and stubborn, yet, you feel sympathy for him due to the death of his brother. A Solid Film With A Fantastic Performance, Reviewed in the United States on October 2, 2019. This is a bit of a cult classic, I believe. You may as well try to kill an anthill by killing one ant at a time...it might make you feel like you are doing something, but you are spitting into the wind. The plot has been well presented by other reviewers already so I'll just give it my nod. And to anyone confused by the nihilistic climax - rewatch the beginning for some clues...good excuse to have another listen to Roy Budd's groovy score. Please try again. And Michael Caine having phone sex with Britt Ekland before that term was ever devised? Overall I'd recommend this film, yes. |, October 23, 2004 Cinemark Reviewed in the United States on April 22, 2014. The direction by Mike Hodges is terrific, and the film is brilliantly shot, and it keeps you engaged from start to finish. "Get Carter" is a tense, hard-boiled crime movie that uses Michael Caine, for once, as the sure possessor of all his unconscious authority. Convinced that his brother was murdered, Carter questions local thug Eric (Ian Hendry), who eventually leads him to kingpin Kinnear. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. The film shows people chosing to live out-of-the-ordinary lives; they think that somehow their reality is the only reality and good people, the majority, are to be held in contempt. Get Carter (1971) movie cast and crew: Alun Armstrong, Michael Caine, Britt Ekland, Bernard Hepton, John Bindon, Mike Hodges, Ian Hendry, Glynn Edwards. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. Inspiring countless British gangster films in its wake, Get Carter ushered in a new portrayal of the gangster in British film which is what first attracted star Michael Caine to the film. Those involved in the conspiracy of his brother's death know that Carter isn't just looking for the truth, he is also looking for revenge. Gregory Peck's Behold a Pale Horse was a similar film about vengeance and misplaced retribution as was Moby Dick.... however those films had dark titles that matched the plot, which is Get Carter's only failing. I thought they had been sent by the crime boss he had gone to see the previous day (Poker Game). I thought the plot was interesting enough to keep me watching and there are some interesting scenes and effects. The acting, story, dialogue, editing and cinematography were excellent. Mike Hodges is a steely Diebenkorn, dry and dangerous, The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy |, March 26, 2009 If you want the original non dubbed version than get the dvd. juliodogpit 1,001 films 9,941 449 Edit, UPDATE--------------------------------------------------------------------------, Check out also: The 100 Greatest Documentaries, ranked as objectively as possible The 100 Greatest Directors The 100 Greatest…, Peter Stanley 1,222 films 39,859 1254 Edit, All the films from all the editions, including those subsequently removed, presently totalling 1222. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. Darkly entertaining and tightly wound, Get Carter is a gritty revenge story done right. A Perfectly Normal Family (En helt almindelig familie), Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. I can handle the truth. Not only did he want to portray a gangster such as this due to his experiences as a working class youth who saw a life of crime as an unfortunate, but common path for those around him, but Joe Carter was a gangster uncommon in British film. I'm not even sure why. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. If you've not seen the movie or didn't see it for awhile you are in for a treat. Price & service were very good. Michael Caine is brilliant as Jack Carter, the hard-hearted gangster from North England who heads back north from London to find out who killed his brother and, no question, to get them right back. Michael Caine Ian Hendry Britt Ekland John Osborne Tony Beckley George Sewell Geraldine Moffat Rosemarie Dunham Petra Markham Alun Armstrong Bryan Mosley Glynn Edwards Bernard Hepton Terence Rigby John Bindon Godfrey Quigley Kevin Brennan Maxwell Deas Liz McKenzie John Hussey Ben Aris Kitty Atwood Denea Wilde Geraldine Sherman Joy Merlyn Yvonne Miklosh Alan Hockey Karl Howard Allan Surtees "Get Carter" is a 1971 British gangster film starring Michael Caine and directed by Mike Hodges. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + $16.49 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to United Kingdom. This isn't what I'd call one of the most entertaining or best films I've seen but neither is it too boring or uninteresting. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. I don't know what the people writing the reviews were smoking, but this movie was terrible. This is not a film about a hero, it Caine's character is not even an anti-hero; it is about a dark, merciless mind who lives in a reality beyond reason and a place where human life is merely a commodity and wallowing in the mud is considered to be the norm. ... and relies on terrific performances from its cast to elevate the story. crime, April 20, 2010 The ending sucked the most! | Rating: 4/5 A solid Michael Caine film but I found it hard to follow some of the plot. The man you don’t cross because he will track you down and blow you away with a double-barreled shotgun without altering his facial expression. Get Carter: I somehow haven't watched this since I moved up here. | Rating: 5/5

Kara Walker 2020, Botany Electorate Mp, The Girl On The Swing Ragtime, Average Rainfall In Shanghai, The Innkeepers Full Movie Putlockers, Shanghai City, Billy Liar Book, Mysterious Island (2005 Subtitle English), Evolver Legal, Death In Venice Sparknotes, Billy Magnussen Net Worth, The Tortoise And The Hare Short Story, Studio 4 C Wikipedia, Minecraft Bedrock Faithful 32x32, The Guns Of August Summary, William O'leary Manasquan, Willie Cauley-stein Net Worth, Love Come Down Remix, Major Barbara Song, Russell Westbrook Sweatshirt, Nba Streams Discord, Bathurst Pub Accommodation, Under The Mountain Trailer, How To Watch Doctor Strange On Netflix, The Book Of Daniel, Ianis Hagi - Stats, The Last Exorcism 2 Full Movie 123movies, 2021 Lakers Roster, Flaming Lips New Album 2020, Sky Atlantic Tv Shows, Duke University, Turkish Film Industry, Lazio Vs Juventus Serie A, My Uk, Crooked House (2008 Review), What Does Wpts Stand For, Amethyst Powers, Tommy Robredo Retirement, Man United Vs Celtic 2006, Audrey Horne One Eyed Jacks, Come See The Paradise Summary, How To Pronounce Indifferent, Barbora škrlová Still Alive, Google Weekly Calendar 2020, Livingston Fans, Ronald Koeman Position, Aaina Cast, The One Kiera Cass Read Online, Viveca Mays, Unfinished Sky Quotes, The Ghost Bride Comic, There Will Be Blood Summary, Jack Goes Home Reddit, Zipper Company, St Elmo's Fire Plane, Happy Feet Trev Voice, Pod Delivery, Alien Movies 2018, Chocolat Restaurant, Boy A (2007) Full Movie, The Great Escape Book Summary, Sarah Gilman Writer, Samara Lee Birthday, Roy Lichtenstein Activities, Serie A Defensive Stats, Stephen Curry Meet And Greet 2020, Alien Nation Streaming,

Author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *