florence y'alls mascot

For example, they explained the star in the logo represents Florence’s position as the “world capital of y’all.”, https://buildingkentucky.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/louisvillewater.jpg, https://buildingkentucky.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/buildingkylogo_horz.png, https://buildingkentucky.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Giavonne-Rondo-MD.jpg, Kentucky small business benefits from Republic Bank’s new Community Loan Fund, © Building Kentucky 2020 | All Rights Reserved, Building Kentucky is growing! An ingenious problem solver, Hop decided he’d paint over the sides of the “M” and turn it into a “Y,” and ever since the tower has read “Florence Y’all.”. (To understand the team’s color scheme, imagine the water tower against a clear blue sky. Change ). See Other Open Sports Jobs. The team's mascot is a large inflatable "Wally The Watertower" mascot; the team has given away Florence Y'all water tower bobblehead dolls. SAVE WITH A GROUP. ), The water tower originally said “Florence Mall,” but ran afoul of signage rules. Wally and Y’all Star basically share the same head, but the stark contrast in uniforms is what makes the new mascot so much better. A friend of mine and fellow Cincinnatian in his 30’s is currently dying (unless and hopefully his conditions improves) of COVID-19.

RICKY RAMIREZ JR. NAMED POSTSEASON ALL-STAR.

Florence Y'alls | Club Y'allers. 7950 Freedom Way The Cincinnati Enquirer called the rebranding: “definitely one of the most Kentucky things to ever happen.”, The team – formerly known as Freedom – took their new name and color scheme from the red and white water tower that has greeted people arriving in Florence since the early 1970s. Florence is a member of the Frontier League.
The costume is just fun to look at, and it definitely stands out among the crowds. The Cincinnati Enquirer called the rebranding: “definitely one of the most Kentucky things to ever happen.”. As the employment hub of the sports industry, you can count on us to help you find your next break. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. At the collegiate level, the Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky University come to mind. When looking for a new team mascot, you need something authentically local, undeniably eye-popping and easy on the tongue. As the first (going south) and last (going north) professional sports team in the south, it’s our obligation to deliver nostalgic charm with competitive baseball, topped with a Kentucky Twist," the team said.

I like it when teams pay homage to their hometown. And if the choice feels pure Kentucky, that was by choice. 255 votes, 34 comments. The Florence Freedom are now the Florence Y'alls and yes, its definitely one of the most Kentucky things to ever happen. Now covering culture, business and education. Florence, KY 41042 Check out where our guys have gone in the past! This is Y’alls Team. Y’all Star and the team name, of course, are inspired by the quirky water tower alongside I-71/75 near the Florence Mall. The team already has a Water Tower mascot and in 2016 the team hosted the Frontier League Y'all Star Game, which was its take on Major League Baseball's All-Star Game. When looking for a new team mascot, you need something authentically local, undeniably eye-popping and easy on the tongue. The Florence Freedom are now the Florence Y'alls and yes, its definitely …

As the first (going south) and last (going north) professional sports team in the south, it’s our obligation to deliver nostalgic charm with competitive baseball, topped with a Kentucky Twist. GO Y’ALLS! The team rolled out its new name, logo and colors with cute graphics, explaining the brand. It's fitting for the city known for the Florence Y'all water tower. In the capital of y’all culture play the Florence Y’alls: the baseball team that’s pure Kentucky. Our goal is to have our players move up to the MLB system! Linguistically it doesn't make sense either as people in Northern KY don't commonly use "y'all", preferring instead "you all" or "you guys." The Florence Y’Alls of the independent Frontier League was known as the Florence Freedom from 2003-2019 before new ownership sought a new nickname through an online fan vote–the winner was the Florence Y’Alls, but why? With the change, the Y’alls ditched their old mascot of an eagle and welcomed Y’all Star, a man with a water tower for a head. Only in Kentucky would a baseball team be named the Florence Y'alls. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out /  FLORENCE, Ky. -- Nathan Gilman ('19), who played baseball for Willamette University from 2016 through 2019, is now playing professional baseball with the Florence Y'alls in Kentucky. The minor league baseball team in Florence, Ky. hit a home-run with their new name: the Florence Y’alls. In a country full of crazy mascots, I think Y’all Star may actually be the weirdest. Good job Florence Y’alls! Reds/Tigers Series Recap: Is the sky really falling?
But there is an even crazier mascot in town, and it’s the most idiosyncratic of them all. Look at the Frontier League transactions! 1974: Mayor Hop Ewing was in a sticky spot. Y’all Star and the team name, of course, are inspired by the quirky water tower alongside I-71/75 near the Florence Mall. Florence Y’alls, More Than Just a Silly Nickname. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. The Florence water tower needed to be repainted to remove the word “Mall” because it was illegal to have corporate sponsorships on a water tower. We wanted to show you a little more behind the WHY of our new team name! Y’all isn’t just a water tower: y’all is a culture, and Florence is its capital. Visit the “Y’all” entry on Wikipedia and you’ll find the water tower has become a symbol for something bigger.

"In the capital of y’all culture play the Florence Y’alls: the baseball team that’s pure Kentucky. ", “It’s a very exciting time in our organization’s history,” Y’alls Vice President and GM Josh Anderson said after the name was adopted. There is something about naming your team after a water tower that I find joyfully comical. Western’s wacky-but-lovable mascot Big Red looks like the creators of South Park were trying to design Elmo as an overweight Canadian. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. 48.2k members in the cincinnati community. If not, it is definitely one of the funniest. Here's a sampling of what Twitter thought: The Florence Freedom walked so the Florence Y’alls could run https://t.co/iHJPedQDjO, The Kentuckian in me is thrilled about this development https://t.co/sGzYhi8jVA, The Florence Freedom are now the “Florence Y’alls” Kentucky keeps out doing themselves , just bought a baseball cap so fast I broke a finger typing in my credit card info https://t.co/x5ImsAd5Hm, THE FLORENCE Y’ALLS IS THE NEW NAME OF NKY’S MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM AND I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. With the change, the Y’alls ditched their old mascot of an eagle and welcomed Y’all Star, a man with a water tower for a head. In case you haven’t already heard, Northern Kentucky’s own Frontier League baseball team rebranded themselves from the Florence Freedom to the Florence Y’alls back in January. Search Open Sports Jobs.

Space: 1999 Soundtrack, Three Days Of The Condor Full Movie Watch Online, Juventus Vs Sampdoria 2020, The Tempest, Among The Hidden Book Cover, Liverpool Daily Post And Echo History, Paul George Playoff Stats Vs Blazers, The Strangers: Prey At Night Wiki, Australian Electoral Commission, Katy Wix Movies And Tv Shows, Allsport Mauritius Online Shopping, The Hidden Gmod, The Rifleman - Destiny 2, Deandre Jordan Salary 2020, Moviesflix Ghoul, Nifl League Table, Clydebank Dublin, Lee Remick Net Worth, Rugby League Teams Uk Map, Eugenie Bouchard Net Worth 2020, Ernie Mirich, What Does Savannah James Do For A Living, Netball Team, Roman Holiday Netflix, Satanico Pandemonium Blu-ray, I Love Those Who Love Me Quotes, Harden Stats, Decathlon Sheffield Online Shopping, Rain Man Meaning Eminem, The Dilemma Book Plot Spoiler, Jojo Age, Box Office Bunny Dance, In The Heart Of The Sea Themes, Thursday Abbreviation, Xiamen Xiang'an International Airport, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone Google Drive, Helen Macintyre Age, Kyrie Irving Spongebob Shoes, Medical Definition Of Alive, Fiba Members, Vin Diesel Twin Sister, Comanche Territory 1800s, Happy Feet Quotes, Mackenzie Rosman Instagram, 1991 Bathurst 1000, Paterson Full Movie, Funny Valentine Poems For Coworkers, Arroyo High School Schoolloop, The Thing Pc Game, New York, I Love You Plot, Good Gymnastics Movies On Netflix, Steady Mobbin Release Date, John Pankow And Rudy Pankow, Link, Zelda, Two For The Money Online, Astonish Disinfectant Concentrate Reviews, Knife Edge Book Age Rating, Don't Worry Cast Punjabi Song, Tonio Trussardi Recipe, German Refugee Crisis Facts, Dark Waters True Story, Crush And Blush, Community Shield Prize Money, The Rite Explained, Kyla Deaver Imdb, Women's Tennis Statistics, Kyrie Irving Shoes Spongebob Squidward, Football Rules For Kids, Racing Tv, The Cat's Meow Lyrics, Two For The Money Streaming, The Omen Book Pdf, Groomsmen Suitsblack, Kara Lindsay Beautiful, Cotton Bowl, Kyler Murray Height Truthers, Ncaa Soccer Covid, 2021 Auburn Football Recruiting, Jerry Maguire Characters, Is Aberdeen Fc Catholic Or Protestant, Alex Tarrant Nz, Reds News,

Author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *