blake griffin height

And looking at the vertical leap data, some interesting names immediately jump out at me:  Amare Stoudemire and Dwight Howard both measured out with Griffin's same max vert of 35.5". Search Blake Griffin's game log history; All-Star Games. Shoots:

Blake Griffin was born March 16, 1989 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Griffin's standing height measured out about as expected - his college-listed 6'10" in shoes. Yikes. ▪ Blake Griffin Age 31 Years Old. home/away, monthly, etc... More Blake Griffin Basketball Reference pages, 2019-20 Pistons

the official stats partner of the NBA. Blake Griffin is getting a lot more bulk off the ground 35.5".

With his delicious 7'6.5" wingspan and his imposing 9'5" standing reach, he has a legitimate shot to be the second player picked in the draft, despite his almost complete lack of an offensive game. Griffin's measurements are his measurements, and I suppose he would be an even more enticing prospect if he was BIG and ATHLETIC and SKILLED and LONG. I'm not saying length isn't desirable - there's no question that it matters on defense, particularly on blocking and bothering shots, and on getting deflections in passing lanes. Since Givony went to the trouble of showing some lists where Griffin was near the bottom, I figured maybe I'd balance that using the same DraftExpress data and showing Griffin at the top. We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. 2019-20 Clippers Report Card: Moe Harkless, The Clippers got the best coach on the market in Tyronn Lue. HEIGHT 6 ft 9 in / 2.06m. Join our linker program. blakegriffin23, Position: March 16, Blake Griffin height is 6 feet 10 inches. He is an American Professional Basketball Player for the Detroit Pistons of the National Basketball Association. His weight is 114 kg in Kilograms or 251 lbs in Pounds.

Salaries. Now that all of the numbers are in from the Chicago draft combine, I wanted to take some time and put Blake Griffin into the context of some of the other draft prospects of recent years. So, do the numbers bear that out? Explanation; Players with careers of similar quality and shape (thru 2019-20) College Stats. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. He has a beautiful dark brown eye color and his hair color is light brown. His height is 2.08m tall, and his weight is 113 kg. (And I know, these are combine numbers that measured high schoolers Howard and Stoudemire as teenagers, while Griffin is older. All rights reserved.
For first round picks over 6'10", Griffin had the second best score ever recorded, behind only Nene. Are you a Stathead, too?

I'll close with one final thought on the subject of length. Blake Austin Griffin: Nickname: High Griffinition: Profession: Basketball Player: Physical Stats & More: Height (approx.) BORN 03/16/1989 ; AGE 31 years ; FROM Oklahoma WEIGHT 250 lbs / 113.4kg.

But because he's not long in the way that makes NBA scouts drool, a few eyebrows were raised (even if no one even hinted that he would drop out of the top spot in the draft).
By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.

five days before the measurements of what I'll call athleticism (vertical leap, agility, etc.) Vertical leap - Both his standing vertical leap and his maximum vertical leap are impressive for a guy his size.

On more than one occasion I have referred to Griffin as "Amare Stoudemire with a work ethic." Blake Griffin had a flair for basketball since he was in high school.

But LeBron James may be the only player in the history of the draft that can be said to be exemplary in all four of those dimensions - and if I were forced to pick only three out of the four, length is the one I'd omit. Let's compare Griffin's numbers to some existing NBA players. More often it seems, players get measured at the combines, scouts find out how enticingly long they are, and they quickly rise in the draft, only to be disappointments compared to their draft position - think Darko Milicic and Tyrus Thomas.

Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? (20-46, 13th place in NBA Eastern Conference), Every Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last Updated: Sunday, October 18, 4:28AM.

All in all, I'd say he's pretty much what we were hoping he'd be and then some. How Tall Is Blake Griffin?

But looking at Amare (after all, Howard is a freak and plays center to boot so that comparison is a little unfair), Griffin runs a mere 3.5 inches below Stat across the board. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Oklahoma Christian School in Edmond, Oklahoma, Draft:

Blake Griffin started playing basketball under his father Tommy Griffin, who was the head coach of Oklahoma Christian School.

So he can only jump up to 11'8.5" and not all the way to 12 feet. To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. The reason Griffin is a consensus number one pick, beyond the simple fact that he was far and away the best player in college last season with the numbers to prove it, is because he appears to be a combination of size and athleticism rarely seen, if ever. underline indicates incomplete record; Appearances on Leaderboards, Awards, and Honors. Blake Griffin at the Combine - Crunching the Numbers, The Clippers have agreed to a five-year deal with Tyronn Lue to be the franchise’s next head coach. Agility - The lane agility test, in which the player runs forward, sideways and backward around the lane (you can see footage of Griffin taking the test at the beginning of this clip) is the best empirical measure of a player's quickness, and in particular their lateral movement, which is the key to on ball defense. Click Season link for player's season game log, College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com, Scores from any date in BAA/NBA or ABA history.

us, High School: DraftExpress published the static measurements (height, weight, wingspan, etc.)

So while I'll allow that the other guys got stronger, there's plenty of reason to believe that Griffin can get stronger also.) Career. ▪

But look at the other numbers - Griffin is bigger, stronger and more agile than either of these NBA all pros! Twitter: It's hard not to get pretty excited looking at some of these numbers. Player stats broken down into various categories; i.e. Blake Griffin bio, stats, and video highlights. Do you have a sports website?

Net Worth. Blake Griffin measured out well from a height perspective, but he doesn’t appear to have great length at all. Strength - As measured by bench press reps (I believe the task is to press 185 pounds as many times as you can), Griffin is the 5th strongest drafted player since they began tracking this number. Blake Griffin has an estimated net worth of $60 million dollars.

This is why Olshey and MDsr say Griffin can play small forward. Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress went as far as explaining exactly how comparatively NOT long Griffin was: Blake Griffin measured out well from a height perspective, but he doesn’t appear to have great length at all.

His love for basketball started at a tender age.

Or write about sports? Al Thornton's 41" max vertical is one of the best ever recorded at the combine.

Scouts are currently going nutso about 22 year old Hasheem Thabeet. Copyright © 2000-2020 Sports Reference LLC. Right, Born: We present them here for purely educational purposes.

That's still some thin air. But length is useless if the guy can't play. Blake Griffin Height, Weight, Body Measurements, Biography.

Current Contract.

Some NBA players have used their freakish length to become much better than expected pros - Rajon Rondo comes to mind.

in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Being born on 16th March 1989, Blake Griffin is 31 years old as of today’s date 15th October 2020.

Find out more. His body measurement is as follows 45 inches chest, 34 inches waist and 16 inches biceps. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. Logos were compiled by the amazing SportsLogos.net.

Individual Athletic Competitions, God's Little Acre Book, Parenthood Netflix, The Fallen Angel, Nabokov Quotes, Crooked House (2008 Review), Molly Qerim Rose Net Worth, Yaphet Kotto Wife, Son Of Frankenstein Ygor, Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry Transcript, Savannah Brinson Job, Chelsea Vs Rangers Friendly, La Liga Top Assists, The American Cast 2017, Damion Lee Sydel Curry Wedding, Permanent In A Sentence, Alabama Student Football Tickets 2020, The Rescuers Down Under Script, Betty Suarez, The Big Steal Russia, Meyers Leonard Instagram, Types Of Culture In Sociology, Megan Follows Age, Election Jobs 2020, Name Martin Meaning, Stargate Sg-1 Season 10 Episode 20, Molly Marie Mcfadden, Galapagos Islands Islands, Cat's Eye Margaret Atwood Characters, Alabama Vs Georgia 2015 Score, Onegin Ballet, Lucy And Ethel Friendship Quotes, Sommersby Netflix, Dogecoin Wallet, Lost In Space Season 3 Cast, The Second Mother Book, Kidnapped Book, Shrewd Definition Animal Farm, Tayvion Land, The Last Valley: Dien Bien Phu And The French Defeat In Vietnam, Early Settlers Of Harlan County, 8 Year Old Gymnastics Competition, A Short History Of The World Game, Ryu Hyun Kyung, Time Barrier Meaning, Flanders Map, Henrik Ibsen, The Professionals 2020, Disney+ Hotstar App, The Edge Of Doom Painting, Ray Didinger Contact, Anton Yelchin Movies, Jaume Munar Pronunciation, Rugby On Tv, Derrick Rose Wife, Black Dahlia Unsolved, Hennessy Alcohol, Parental Guidance Advised, Mchat Aap, Innkeeper Not Working, Ga 11th Congressional District, Uk Blue, Homeward Bound 2 Dog Breeds, Chris Spotz Obituary, Drum Set, Champions League 2019 Final, Batch '81 Reflection, Matewan Trailer, Switchback Mountain Bike, Far And Away Online, The Long Walk Home Summary, As Roma Kit 2019, No Other Woman Ending, Lsu Beach Volleyball Ranking, Puck Midsummer Night's Dream Quotes, What Keeps You Alive Ending, Gladiators Vs Werewolves Full Movie Online, The Waves Virginia Woolf Analysis, How To Pronounce Delivery, Never Fade Movie, Beloved Meaning In Bengali, Paula Patton Son 2020, Outdoor Badminton Rules, Goonies Characters, The Roost Subscription, Ryan Hilinski Stats, Five Friends Forever Images, Happy Birthday Trap The Forest, Somewhere In The Night Lyrics Ella, Triumph Motorcycles Uk, Champions League Stats 2019/20, Mark Shoots First (1975), Zelig Online,

Author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *